Research shows that 80% of real estate leads come from the Internet. Buyers rely on Google searches to find out about open houses and featured listings in their preferred area. Social media is a powerful tool to reach and connect with those audiences.
Your real estate agent is sure to have a sound marketing strategy when it comes to promoting your open house on social media. Work with your agent to find out more about their social plan and see how you can help.
First steps to developing a social strategy
Before promoting an open house online, make sure your agent has the best photos and all the correct information on your property. Tell your agent about your home’s amenities and the selling points of your neighborhood. This will make for robust, compelling social media posts. Remember, that you are not only selling your home, you are selling a lifestyle. Entice buyers with info on how wonderful it will be to live there.
Next, have a conversation a few weeks before an open house about how the agent uses social media. Then, you can find out how you, as the seller, can support their efforts. You may want to enhance their efforts by using Sponsored Facebook ads or Sponsored Google AdWords listings. See if that option is in your agent’s marketing budget and if they are familiar with sponsored listings.
Things you can do to promote your open house on social media
Now that your agent is on top of social media advertising, here are the steps you can take to support their strategy:
- Share on your personal pages. When your agent advertises your open house on their professional social media pages, mirror those posts on your personal pages. Don’t “share” their posts—instead, take the content they’ve created and use it to post on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, and Pinterest. The more social networks, the better. Make sure you use photos as well as text in these posts.
- When you’re sharing on Instagram and Facebook, make sure to Geo tag the location and use appropriate hashtags that potential home buyers might be searching. Same goes for Twitter—use relevant hashtags.
- Ask friends to share. Surely you know a few people in your neighborhood that would be willing to share your open house posts as well.
- Join Facebook groups. Find the local Facebook groups in your area. There are many groups across the Austin area. Put up a post about your open house when a few days before the event.
- Join LinkedIn groups. While LinkedIn is mostly for professional networking, you may find a local group that you can share your open house info with.
- Talk to blogger friends. Do you know any local bloggers or members of the local press? See if they would be willing to send out a Tweet or Facebook post to their readers.
- Send an email. Put together a short email to your friends, family, and neighbors about your open house. They might know someone who is in the market for a new home.
Don’t over post—you don’t want to annoy your friends and family. Stick to a couple posts a few days before the event.
The Austin Summit Group, led by husband and wife Mike and Chrissy Caputo, is one of Austin’s top real estate agencies. Our team understands the market and knows how to maximize profits for sellers. To learn more about how our real estate experts can help, call (512) 250-0253 today.
Published on 2017-06-25 13:54:19